We strongly believe that;
- All applicants to our association are equal regardless of age, gender, location, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, creed or any other personal preferences.
- Everybody has the right to be treated with respect and courtesy in a professional, friendly manor.
- Our members have the right to feel safe and protected when using our online resources & services, confident that information or personal details are not shared with any third parties without consent.
- We have a reasonable duty of care to protect the security of our site & services for those whom use it.
- That everybody has a right to voice their opinions on how our Association should be run and how it can be improved.
- That anybody who is found to be fraudulently presenting false documentation or grade, or behaving in a way that has, or is likely to, cause offensive, upset, hatred or violence shall be barred indefinitely.
- That only truly qualified & professional instructors, senseis, coaches and individuals should be granted membership to our Association, and that we must do our best to diligently verify this before granting membership privileges.
- That our entry requirements must not only present some of the highest standards in our industry, but they must also allow a fair & clearly understandable set of rulings and routes to allow memberships for those not yet up to grade.
- That our organisation must remain for the benefit & good of the ‘community’.
- That profit should not come before service, nor should profit come before the development of our organisation and it’s aims.
- That we are answerable to our members – both instructors and students.
We believe that our instructor and teaching members should;
- Hold all appropriate professional and personal qualifications, grades and training to do their job or teach their style(s) correctly, safely and professionally.
- Behave in a way that is professional, courteous and kind, protecting the nature of respect & care that is a great part of our arts and disciplines.
- Feel safe and equipped to their job or teach their style freely without fear of violence, abuse or intimidation.
- Present only truthful accounts of grade, qualification or training and continue to work towards developing their professional understanding
- Follow our membership guidelines & code of conduct for the protection and development of the industry and those within it.
- Make safeguarding children and vulnerable members of our community an absolute priority at all times, and take responsibility for important issues like safeguarding and health and safety.
We also believe that our student members should;
- Always offer respect to the instructors and clubs teaching them.
- Do all within their power to keep themselves, and their fellow club members safe.
- Always act in a way that is courteous, kind and humane.
- Never use the techniques taught unless in the preservation of life.
- Always try and remain open and honest with their instructor and their association.
We’re here to help with questions and queries.
Access expert guidance and speak with our dedicated team for queries on membership, insurance, eligibility, us or just about anything else you might need.
We’re not based from a kitchen worktop, nor do we employ call centres overseas to answer generic FAQs for us. We have three locations throughout the UK including our Headquarters in West Sussex. BMABA boasts over 1,250sqft of newly refurbished top-spec office space for our dedicated staff and everyone you speak with here – be it via email, live chat, Facebook or phone – is part of the team and not an outsourced agent.
We have our own offices, not the kitchen table.
There’s nothing wrong with smaller martial arts associations. In fact, we think it’s good for competition and variety. Unfortunately too many are one-man bands run from kitchen tables, and not professional set ups with staff.
We have three locations – Manchester, London and West Sussex. Our HQ has over 1,400sqft of dedicated, bespoke office space for our team of staff and volunteers.
Founded in 2012 by the now Multi-Award Winning Social Entrepreneur & Life-Long Martial Artist
Frustrated by a lack of affordable, professional alternatives to the associations Giovanni Soffietto had dealt with when participating and then teaching Thai Boxing and Karate, BMABA was founded.
Focused on professional standards and ethics rather than belts and titles, BMABA boasts the pedigree of a life-long martial arts expert come award winning social entrepreneur as it’s Chief Executive Officer. It’s fair to say we’re well qualified and backed by an industry giant.
Our Membership Isn’t Just A Piece Of Paper
We have always been focused on providing clubs with everything they need under a single membership, and our range of resources, tools and features delivers exactly that.
From template grading certificates and documents through to a free club website and national club listings. Whether it be advice on club structure and marketing or membership marks and qualifications. DBS checks, first aid qualifications, coaching certificates, instructor licenses, insurance, business plans, equipment, graphics – you named it, we cover it under just one simple, affordable membership.
Beautiful, Professional Certification As Standard
So much of what you do will be judged on the grades, credentials and certification you hold. We get that.
We know parents, students and venues don’t always understand exactly what qualifies you. We help by providing superb, professional certification that ensures you look the part. Be it a Dan Grade, Instructor License or Insurance Document, all of our digital and printed certificates will meet the mark and be accepted across the UK.
Our Profits Fund The Fighting Chance Foundation
All of our eligible profits are donated to the Fighting Chance Foundation to help change lives through martial arts.
From programmes designed to help children in poverty and women & girls at risk of violence through to anti-knife campaigns and disability inclusion work, the Fighting Chance Foundation changes lives through martial arts.
Access The Latest Martial Arts Qualifications
We provide all of our members with a free Level 1 and level 2 Martial Arts Instructor Qualification. We also provide access to more than twenty professional courses and qualifications to help expand our member’s portfolios.
From first aid, safeguarding and coaching through to concussion awareness, club colours and marketing – BMABA are a household name in martial arts for providing high-quality, affordable access to training and qualifications for martial arts.
We Back Our Members, Even During The Darkest Of Times
Our response and support throughout the Coronavirus Pandemic confirmed to the industry the way BMABA treats it’s members.
We provided daily updates, dedicated online training hubs, access to a free COVID instructor qualification, subsidised insurances, a self-funded Covid Recovery Scheme, mediation services with local authorities and interpretations of DCMS policy. We increased our operational hours to ensure a 7 day a week response and invested more than ever in our systems, processes and memberships. This is what an association should be doing for its members we believe. As our slogan goes; “To High Places By Narrow Roads“.
You won't find another UK martial arts association that can offer so much to their members.
Not entirely sure?
Try us for free for 6 months, with no obligation.
There’s absolutely no obligation to commit beyond 6 months. You’ll be able to explore what we offer, our member’s area, all of our licensing options and get a better feel for the BMABA’s service without any obligation to become a full member. We genuinely believe the best way to find out if we’re any good is to try us for yourself.
Switching To Us
We know there’s a lot to think about, and we can help.
We have absolutely no interest in enticing you to switch to BMABA if we’re not the right fit. We know that won’t last and isn’t good for you or us. Instead, we can offer a confidential switching process to help you price up whether or not it’s worth while, whilst also getting answers to any questions you might have.